West Virginia Consumer Protection and Data Privacy Attorneys
Formidable advocates for victims of security breaches and criminal defendants
At The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC in Charleston, West Virginia, our attorneys believe in achieving justice through determined advocacy. Whether you are a consumer wronged by the mishandling of your personal data or you stand accused of a crime, we are prepared to champion your rights and interests. Combining experience, innovation and compassion, we strive to deliver exceptional legal representation that obtains justice for our clients.
A wide scope of knowledge from an experienced lead attorney
When faced with the prospect of injustice, you need staunch legal representation to protect your rights. When you retain our services, you get a legal team known for:
- Experience — With more than 30 years in the courtroom, our firm’s founder Troy Giatras has honed the skills required to be a powerful force for his clients. His work has taken him to nearly every court in the region and given him experience at the highest levels, including the U.S. Supreme Court. His published cases have produced precedents that now govern decisions across the state. Our lawyers draw on his insightful leadership to guide their advocacy.
- Innovation — We work tirelessly to develop novel arguments and present evidence in a way that is easy for juries to understand. Additionally, we stay on the cutting edge of technology, from online legal research and computerized case tracking to using databases of respected experts who are at the forefronts of their fields.
- Compassion — While attorney Giatras has a reputation for being a bold fighter, clients and colleagues also see his warm heart. With sincere empathy for victims of injustice and criminal defendants in jeopardy of losing their liberty, our firm provides personalized attention and caring counsel for every client we represent.
The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC represents clients with an energy that inspires confidence. We are well prepared to handle any challenges your case might present.
Versatile firm represents clients in diverse matters
- Data breaches — Consumer privacy is critical issue that impacts wide swaths of society. If you are a victim of data breach, which has compromised your Social Security number, charge accounts or other personal data, our consumer privacy attorneys can help you contain the damage and seek appropriate compensation.
- Identity theft — We assist victims of identity theft whose lives have been disrupted, helping them affirmative steps to protect their assets and reputations and to recover their losses.
- Sexual abuse — We represent victims of sexual abuse, holding abusers accountable by seeking fair and adequate monetary compensation. This includes lawsuits over childhood sexual abuse by officials or employees of schools, churches, medical facilities or other organizations such as scouting and youth organizations, foster care, and sports teams.
- Consumer fraud — We help victims of consumer fraud obtain compensation for fraudulent misrepresentations, false advertising and other illegal business practices.
- Debt harassment — If a creditor harasses you in violation of state or federal law, it is considered debt harassment and you may be eligible for compensation. We help debtors turn the table on abusive collectors who use intimidation, threats and deception to unlawfully collect debts.
- Criminal defense — If you are accused of a misdemeanor or felony crime, the members of our experienced criminal defense legal team craft and execute a comprehensive defense strategy for you. This includes representation if you or your business has been accused of identity theft.
- DUI defense — Driving under the influence can be a costly mistake. We understand DUI law in West Virginia and can help you with a DUI defense to obtain the best outcome possible if you are facing charges.
Dealing with your civil or criminal matter may seem overwhelming. But you can trust our Charleston, West Virginia attorneys to handle your legal problems professionally and provide you with peace of mind.
Contact our Charleston, WV law firm to schedule a consultation
The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC in Charleston, West Virginia provides skilled and aggressive advocacy for a variety of civil and criminal law matters. For experienced, innovative and compassionate representation, call 888-819-1281 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our Charleston office is conveniently located at 118 Capitol Street, two blocks from the riverfront.