Troy N. Giatras
Troy Giatras created a philosophy for practicing law when he was just a young boy serving customers in his father’s wiener shop. He developed a strong work ethic, and quickly learned the value of unwavering dedication to clients. Most importantly, he acquired a sense of honor.
Attorney Giatras is assertive, but he remains down to earth. A brave advocate for clients, he is able to negotiate vigorously with teams of high-powered defense attorneys. Yet, he still discusses day-to-day struggles with a devastatingly injured client with ease and compassion.
As an advocate for victims of abuse, Troy Giatras works to hold accountable those who have caused harm by their negligence or deliberate acts. He will pursue financial compensation for the pain and suffering as well as for the medical care for treatment and recovery. These are the types of cases he handles:
The work that Attorney Giatras does for his loyal clients as a criminal lawyer includes these types of cases:
As an injury lawyer, he remains tough in the face of opposition, yet treats clients as he would treat his closest friends. He handles the following types of cases with confidence and bold initiative:
Professional work as an injury and criminal attorney in West Virginia
Admitted to practice in four states, Troy Giatras focuses on serving clients as a personal injury and criminal law attorney in Charleston. Respected by colleagues and the judiciary, Attorney Giatras holds leadership positions in numerous legal organizations.
- 1987, BA, Duquesne University
- 1990, JD, West Virginia University School of Law
- 1990, West Virginia
- 1990, Pennsylvania
- 1990, District of Columbia
- 1997, Maryland
- 1994, U.S. Supreme Court
- 1996, U.S. District Court, Southern and Northern Districts of West Virginia
- 1996, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- 1996, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Court
- American Bar Association, Section on Torts, Insurance and Litigation
- West Virginia Bar Association
- West Virginia Association for Justice, Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice, Chairman, Low Impact Collision Group; Chairman, Oxycontin Litigation Group; State Delegate
- Federal- and State-Approved Panel Mediator
- Appointed Special Prosecutor for Kanawha County, West Virginia
- Counsel, Senate Minority Leader, Legislative Sessions 1997, 1998
If you have a phone, you have an attorney
Dealing with your personal injury or criminal defense matter may seem overwhelming. Trust The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC to handle it and provide you with peace of mind.
We offer a no-risk, free consultation for personal injury cases only, and the convenience of evening and weekend appointments. We make home and hospital visits, when necessary. Contact us to speak with an attorney in West Virginia. We can help.