Driven Charleston Attorneys Get Compensation for Spinal Injuries
Get experienced help if you have injured your back in a West Virginia accident
Spinal injuries can be among the most devastating because the damage may be permanent and life-changing. Even less extreme back injuries can take a long time to heal, resulting in missed work and high medical and physical therapy bills. For more than 30 years, The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC has been championing the rights of spinal injury sufferers, helping ensure that their care and expenses are covered.
Types of spinal injuries
The spine’s role as the center of the nervous system means that an injury to any of the four spinal sections can have wide ranging effects:
- Cervical injuries impact the head and neck region above the shoulders.
- Thoracic injuries strike the upper chest, mid-back, and abdominal muscles.
- Lumbar injuries affect the hips and legs.
- Sacral injuries impact the hips, back of the thighs, buttocks and pelvic organs.
The severity of the trauma and its location have bearing on the extent of the resulting disability and the potential recovery.
Spinal cord injuries may be permanent, resulting in paraplegia or quadriplegia, or partial, resulting in limited movement or feeling, depending on the area and severity of injury.
The personal injury attorneys at The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC understand the complexities of spinal injuries and the serious impact they have on people’s lives. We fight for compensation that not only covers medical expenses and lost wages but also the loss of enjoyment and the ability to care for your family.
Spinal injuries can result from many types of activities. Some of the most common include:
- Motor vehicle accidents — Collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATVs and bicycles can result in spinal damage.
- Workplace accidents — Some jobs, such as construction work, are particularly dangerous and can result in falls, injuries from machinery or large equipment.
- Recreational accidents — Activities and sports that involve high speeds, heights, powerful impacts or defective equipment put the spine at risk.
The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC can help determine if a person or company is responsible for your spinal injury.
Seeking full compensation for a spinal injury
The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC has a demonstrated history of obtaining compensation for spinal injury victims. Whether you are the victim of negligence by a driver, property owner, business owner or equipment manufacturer, our attorneys will pursue every avenue for recovery. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future lost wages
- Past and future medical expenses
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Dealing effectively with insurance companies and their lawyers requires preparation and skill. When necessary, we rely on experts in medicine, physical and vocational rehabilitation, mental health and more to build a powerful case for your damages.
Trust West Virginia attorneys who understand spinal injuries
The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC knows how devastating a spinal injury can be. We help ensure you receive full compensation so you can move forward with life. Call our skilled attorneys in Charleston, WV at 888-819-1281 or contact us online.