Go to main navigation
118 Capitol Street, Suite 400, Charleston, West Virginia 25301
Home / Video FAQ / Criminal Law - Can a West Virginia resident move if…
Criminal Law
  • Can a West Virginia resident move if on probation or parole?
    • video
      Firm Name: The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC
      Duration: 01:13
      Date: 2020-10-30
      If you are on probation in West Virginia and thinking of moving, you should first check with the court, or your probation officer or parole officer. It may be more likely they grant your permission depending on the reason for the move such as:
      • Move closer to work
      • Live closer to school
      • Live closer to family
      There is also a distinction of moving within the state of West Virginia vs moving out of state. The West Virginia criminal defense attorneys at The Giatras Law Firm, PLLC can assist you with orchestrating a move while on probation or parole.
Related Criminal Law Videos
  • What crimes are considered "misdemeanor" in West Virginia?
  • Should I talk to the police after an arrest in West Virginia?
  • Do I need a criminal defense attorney in West Virginia if I am innocent?
  • What is the difference between probation and parole?
  • What is a Felony in West Virginia?
  • Can arrest or conviction records in West Virginia be expunged?
  • Am I allowed to move if I am on probation or parole in West Virginia?
  • What is a Misdemeanor in West Virginia?
  • What should I do if I have been charged with a crime in West Virginia
  • What is the court process after you have been arrested for DUI?